1. To start the process of disputing a ticket, within forty-eight (48) hours of issuance, please follow these instructions:
a) EMAIL a copy of your ticket, driver's license, contact information and the reason for your dispute to firstname.lastname@example.org
b) FAX a copy of your ticket, contact information and the reason for your dispute to 973-623-2854
2. Upon receipt of the information, the Newark Parking Authority will review what you send and, thereafter, contact you to advise whether or not we can process and forward the ticket to the Newark Municipal Court for dismissal. If we CANNOT process the ticket for dismissal and you wish to proceed further, you will then be directed to contact the Newark Municipal Court for a date to appear in Court. The telephone number to contact the Court directly is listed on the back of your ticket. The process of submitting tickets for dismissal may take up to five to six weeks.
ALL TICKETS ARE DISMISSED/PROCESSED BY NEWARK MUNICIPAL COURT
3. IF you are disputing a ticket due to "time left on the meter" call the Newark Municipal Court for a Court Date as WE DO NOT PROCESS THOSE TICKETS FOR DISMISSAL.
4. Requests for ticket dismissals MUST be received by the NPA within forty-right (48) hours of issuance.
In some instances a Motorist will receive a ticket, even though he or she made payment through the Parkmobile Phone App. In this case, please do the following:
1. To start the process of disputing a ticket, within forty-eight (48) hours of issuance, follow these instructions:
a) EMAIL a copy of your ticket, driver's license, contact information Parkmobile payment information to email@example.com
b) FAX a copy of your ticket, driver's license, contact information and Parkmobile Payment information to 973-623-2854.
2. The Newark Parking Authority will then verify your Zone, activation and deactivation times and confirm the date. If all information is correct and the ticket was issued in error, we will process the same for dismissal. If the information you provide is not accurate, we will contact you and advise you to dispute the ticket in Court. In most cases, if a Parkmobile ticket was issued in error, it will be dismissed.
3. Be aware that the ticket dismissal process can take as long as three to four weeks for completion.
THE NEWARK PARKING AUTHORITY DOES NOT DISMISS TICKETS
ONCE APPROVED BY OUR OFFICE FOR DISMISSAL, IT IS FORWARDED TO NEWARK MUNCIPAL COURT FOR THEM TO REVIEW AND BEGIN THE DISMISSAL PROCESS.